Good speech from Ronald Regan
Theres this lovely scene were it talks about the overhead in the welfare system
- Do they mean peace, or do we mean we just want to be left in peace.
- Whether we believe in our capacity for self government or confess that a little intelectual elite in a far distant capital can plan our lives better for us than we can ourselves.
- We are told we have to choose between a left and a right, but there is only an up or down.
- The government cannot control the economy without controlling people, and when it sets out to do that, it must use force and coercion
- Private property rights so diluted that public interest is anything that planners decide it should be
- the more the government planners fail, the more they plan
- The trouble with socialists is not that they are ignorant, but just they know so much that isn't so
- The social security program for seniors is analogous to golidlocks in that the cupboard is bare.
- No government voluntarily reduces itself in size
- A government bureau is the closest thing to eternal life we will ever see
- They say we offer simple solutions to complex problems, well perhaps there is simple answer, but that does not mean it is easy.
- If you want peace you can have it, just surrender. The greater danger is always appeasement