Who's responsible for the children?
Extending paternity leave to six months would be another example of unnecessary regulation costing the taxpayer and companies money and the loss of vital employees expertise. The burden of having children is for parents not the state or companies
Who helps those who help the parents
In terms of paternity leave, this is another gimmick from a failing government. Why should everyone else in the worklplace pick up the duties of those who choose to have children?
- The state is becoming a surrogate parent. (and if this is the case, would you let your president/prime minister take care of your kids? Then why let them do it through the legal process).
- Valuing parental autonomy.
- Parenting too important to leave to parents
- State shouldn't tell people when to conceive
- State doesn't teach parenting at schools, and then says parents are not capable
- We have abandoned institutions that used to intervene in peoples lives, leaving the govt to step in (churches etc)
- There is a line at the door the state should not cross.
- The government are meddling and calling it intervention.
- parents don't parent in isolation or a vacuum (although more isolation than previously)
- State involved in parenting is continuing the philosophy women are stupid.