Should we be allowed to copy others ideas?
What is copyright?
The exclusive right to produce copies and to control anoriginal literary, musical, or artistic work, granted by law for aspecified number of years
- Is verbally repeating what someone says copyright infringement?
- Is mimicking copyright infringement?
- Can you copyright common themes?
Types of copyright
- Original works
- Websites and the internet
- Written work including software and databases
- Artistic works including photographs
- Spoken word and performers
- TV and Film
Copyright is a form of property right
The case for copyright laws?
What's wrong with just copying anything you like?
It all comes down to whether the item being copied is considered property, and if reproducing the copy is considered theft.
Arguments for copyright laws
The case against laws?