Should gambling be banned?
What is gambling?
Play games of chance for money or anything valuable.
Is any risky activity gambling
The case for banning gambling
What's wrong with gambling?
- Games are not always fair, meaning there is only one long term outcome.
- Some people become addicted
- Losses can be traumatic for some
- People can make miscalculations
- People can get carried away and lose more than they planned
Most gambling activities are really a very regressive form of taxation. They are particularly hard on low-income people, who cherish the myth that they'll have all their financial woes fixed if they can just win.
The case against banning gambling